Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Finally!!!

Yeah!!! I waited and waited and waited to see if I could finally upload pictures to the blog so I could keep all of you on the edge of your seats to find out what we've been up to the past few months. And, it took forever, but I was able to add a picture!! Which means....I'm back!! I probably won't be able to upload as many pictures as before for each post, but that's ok. So, let's catch you up: In January, Sean and I escaped for 48 hours to London to see a couple of plays. We had a 'Wicked' good time seeing the true story of the Wicked Witch of the West, and the next night we were thrown back into revolutionary times as we watched (and Sean quietly sang along to) Les Mis. It was his second time seeing that one, my first. I am a girl at heart and although I thoroughly enjoyed Les Mis, my favorite was....

Yup, Elphaba won me over. I loved the plot and the twist at the end (go see it, I won't ruin the surprise for you!) and the MUSIC!! I downloaded the music a few days after getting back and guess which child LOVES to dance and sing to the Wicked soundtrack in the kitchen on a daily basis? You guessed it, MASON!! We have been singing 'Popular' so much that it is always running through my mind, morning, noon, night, middle of the night...
Well, Sean and I had a great time and a big shout out THANK YOU to the Turner's and the Creer's for watching our kinder so we could enjoy London as just a couple. Fun. Here we are on the Big Bus tour, driving around London, with Big Ben in the backround:

We went to the Tower of London and took a Beefeater's Tour. What is a Beefeater? Go to London and find out!! Here we are with the London Bridge behind us after touring the Tower:

We got caught in a rainstorm Friday afternoon. The closer we got to Buckingham Palace, the worse it rained. I think the Queen may have been a little bit threatened by our awesomeness and caused the rainstorm in a feeble effort to drive us away. Didn't work. We got drenched, had to go to the nearest department store (thank you Gap) to buy me new boots since my shoes were completely squishy, warmed up with some hot chocolate from Starbuck's, (delicious, I might add), and dried off before setting out to see Wicked. The rain storm made for some amazing views as the sun started to set:


All in all, a fabulous weekend getaway!

No comments: