Saturday, May 8, 2010

March 2010

Colton has done great with this big move. I thought it might be hard for him moving half way around the world, changing schools, making new friends, and adjusting to cold weather. Not. He is such a trooper and is doing great. He LOVES his new school and his teacher. He talks about her constantly and thinks the world revolves around her. I am so happy that he is loving his new school and class. They have done some fun activities, one of which was make a 'word hat'. The hat was supposed to show what a certain word means. Colton's word was "aviation", and we had a great time making a hat that had planes and helicopters all over it. Then the classes paraded around the school and showed off their creations.

This is what we woke up to on Saturday morning. While back in Hawaii, we would have pretty much been guaranteed blue skies every Saturday morning, especially in March. When we woke to a ton of snow, we were in shock, and in heaven! It is still new to us and we are enjoying the change in weather. Three years of sunny skies is beautiful, but a bit boring. I admit, I missed the changing seasons, the cold, and even the snow. It is a bear to deal with sometimes, but so beautiful to watch! The kids had fun sledding in it and even trying to shovel it.







Colton turned 9, yes 9, on March 11th. He got some a new bike, Lego sets, some Nerf weapons, and a cool birthday party at a place called Yabba-doo. His cake was made by an awesome mom in our ward, Jessica Andreasen. We told her that Colton loves Star Wars and Legos, and she did the rest. It was amazing, and delicious. It was hard to ruin it by cutting into it. Colton loved it and had a fun party with some new friends.


Colton riding his new bike.



Colton wanted crepes for his birthday dinner, and Sean makes the best ones. I love to see and hear Colton laugh, his laugh is infectuous. I can't remember what happened during dinner to make him laugh this hard, but I enjoyed seeing Colton soooo happy.



Here are Mason and Sean going down a big slide during Colton's birthday party.



Colton's cool Star Wars Lego cake!



Colton and his friends.

It is starting to feel like Spring, almost. Some of the days are getting a little warmer and it is fun to go outside without a coat. We have a yard for the first time in a long time, and with it comes the responsibility of gardening! We both have anti-green thumbs, but are determined to do our best to make our yard look decent. Germans take their yards very seriously. They have gorgeous lawns and flower gardens. It is a bit intimidating. So, Sean and I bought some flowers and planted them, with Mason's help, in some pots around the front of our house. They look pretty and I sure hope they last a while.


With nicer weather, comes after dinner bike rides. Ella and Mason love riding their bikes around the block in the evenings.



I love this picture of Mason. He is trying to be sneaky. I took away his sippy cup because he was throwing it. I put it up on the windowsill in the kitchen. Mason LOVES his sippy cup. He ADORES juice. By taking it away from him, I almost declared war. He was mad. He dragged a chair over to the windowsill, cimbed up, looked back to see if I'd notice the screeching of the chair across the floor, and made his clandestine attempt to retrieve his beloved juice. I couldn't stop him. He was being resourceful, and so gosh darn cute, that I allowed the rescue mission to proceed. He was successful and I was enthralled with my 2 year old, again.


It was an unexpected surprise to find Toy Story tattoos in a toy box upstairs one afternoon. I had bought them at Halloween time last year, forgotten about them, and when Mason and I found them one day, he was soooo excited to have Buzz and Woody temporarily tattooed on his arms. Here's a picture of him proudly showing off his new tatts.

No comments: