Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Jaxon in Jeans

Jaxon has been telling us for the past five years that he has been 'allergic' to jeans. He has refused to wear them since he was three. I forced a pair on him for a few hours back in 2003. Seriously, he hasn't worn them since. He didn't like pants with buttons or zippers. He is 'king of the elastic waist' shorts and pants. We have been keeping Old Navy in business by buying all of their athletic style shorts for the past six years. Well, low and behold, a few weeks ago, a good neighbor brought over some jeans for Jaxon to wear so we could take a family picture. We had a huge rain storm so the picture never got taken, but Jaxon tried on the jeans and not only did they fit, but he liked them! I almost broke down in tears as I saw my son wearing real pants for the first time in almost seven years. I am a HUGE fan of jeans, so I just couldn't relate to the idea that jeans aren't comfortable. So, Jaxon ended up keeping the jeans, and actually wore a pair to school this week. I had to snap this picture as soon as he put them on because I was afraid it might be another decade before I saw him in jeans again.

No comments: