Monday, December 1, 2008

My Four Favorite Reasons to be Thankful

These guys are the reason I am most thankful this Thanksgiving. Even though Sean had to work, we had a great Thanksgiving. Our neighborhood had a huge pot luck with tons of fun friends and delicious food. There was eating, talking, chasing kids, more eating, football watching, a little more eating, and then serious strategizing for the next day's early morning shopping spree. The kids had a great time playing with their friends, and my great neighbors adopted me as one of their own while Sean was busy giving epidurals at the hospital.

We celebrated as a family on Saturday, and although my waistline wasn't too happy about two big feasts in less than 72 hours, it was wonderful to sit together and be grateful for each other. Mason, unfortunately, slept through the big meal, but he isn't a huge turkey fan, so he wasn't mad about missing out on the food the first time around. He was awake in time for dessert though, the most important part of the meal!

1 comment:

Clanturner said...

Nothing will ever beat our awesome Thanksgiving in Germany a few years ago! I can't wait until I can try to sneak some real champagne in your glass again.