Sunday, November 9, 2008

Fun Sunday Surprise


Yes, we live in paradise, but there are a few things that this island doesn't have. The top two that come to mind are Target and Krispy Kremes. So, whenever our sweet parents come to visit, they usually come with a few dozen donuts and something from my favorite store. Well, tonight we were in for an awesome surprise. We were into the 'cleaning up dinner dishes and giving baths' portion of the evening when there was a knock on the door. Our sweet neighbor, Lauren, came bearing Krispy Kreme donuts. She had just arrived from a week on Maui (yup, they are more civilized on that island and have a store there) and offered us a choice of a dozen variety donuts or a dozen glazed. Oh, what a hard choice. I didn't even use a life line, I just decided to go with the variety pack and we were not disappointed. You should have seen Mason's face when he saw the box. Yes, I am proud to say that my 14 month old son can identify a Krispy Kreme box and the pure joy that can be found inside. He was screaming for the box and was so happy as he was placed in his high chair with a sprinkled chocolate glaze ready for him to devour. What a great way to end a weekend and what an awesome neighbor: she had brought back dozens for the whole neighborhood. I love our neighbors!

This picture is of Mason doing the sign for "more", telling us he wants another donut. A true Burke.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Aaahh!! I LOVE that picture!! It's the cutest thing in the world when he signs for "more". This picture makes me giggle.:)