Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween!





Halloween started as soon as our costumes arrived in the mail. The boys wanted to be Star Wars characters, yes, even Mason put his two cents in and voted to be Darth Vader. Since the local WalMart didn't have the required costumes, I did what I do best: looked online and ordered off the internet. I LOVE internet shopping. With four 'spirited and outgoing' children, mall shopping doesn't work for me. Anyways, I digress...back to Halloween. The kids were so excited to get their costumes and start wearing them as soon as they could. Since I wanted to get my money's worth from each of them, I let the kids wear them as much as possible: outside playing, grocery shopping, to sleep...whenever a little pizazz was needed to the day. The boys were a little bummed that our church's Halloween party didn't allow masks, but they still had a blast going around our chapel which was decorated as a Halloween town and getting candy from the different decorated stations and playing games. I was going to just wear my annual glow in the dark Halloween jammie pants, but Sean pulled out a pirate bandana and eye patch an hour before trick or treating which inspired me to cut up some clothes and make a homemade pirate outfit. Sean, for the fifth Halloween in a row, missed out on the fun because of work. Last year he was deployed, and the year before that, a training exercise. Next year I am making him take leave so I can enjoy more or the candy-getting experience and not run around in a crazied state the whole night. I love the genius who invented the Mr. Potato head pumpkin pieces that you can stick right into the pumpkins to decorate them and make funny faces. In Hawaii, pumpkins get rotten really quickly, so we waited until Halloween day to carve ours. The kids loved decorating some other ones with the funny faces. And no mess - yea!!







2 comments:

Clanturner said...

I love the costumes. Cameron was Captain Rex too. Go Costumexpress.com. I actually had my cereal killer costume all ready, but never had a chance to actually put it on. Of course, Dennis was also called in during our Halloweening. Thank goodness for great neighbors who took my kids while I sat home with Aedan and passed out Candy. You look great by way!

Marnie said...

Awesome costumes, and you are one hot pirate momma!!