Sunday, August 15, 2010

Anniversary

Yesterday was our wedding anniversary. Any guesses as to how long we have been married? Well, since I got married at 11 and am now 29, we just had our 18th anniversary! Isn't that incredible?! And isn't it totally NOT FAIR that my husband is not here to celebrate with me? So, he tried to surprise me and get me something from European Country Living, but he broke down and told me his plans since I told him I was going over there to buy something. He told me I should probably wait and not get anything yet. "Why not?" I asked. "OH!! I got it!" I finally figured out that he had tried to surprise me and get me this cool hallway tree stand. But its hard to make purchases when you are sitting in the middle of a desert in Afghanistan. He had even enlisted the help of one of my best friends to get the piece of furniture for me, but we have a hard time keeping secrets from each other, so I found out. Yes, it would have been AWESOME to finally see that ECL truck come down my street and park in front of MY house for a change and be completely surprised, but it is definitely the thought that counts, and I think it rocks that Sean tried to get it for me without my knowledge. What he doesn't know is that he also got me a beautiful Spanish bookshelf along with the hall tree. THANK YOU SEAN!! You are way too sweet and generous!! I know you really wanted to get me both pieces, and since I couldn't be surprised, at least you will be when you read this and find out that I bought BOTH pieces! Matt at ECL didn't have any info about the emails you had sent (their computers had been down for 4 days) so we both gave you SUPER DUPER husband brownie points for trying to get the piece for me, and I will send you lots of pictures of me and the hall tree and book shelf as soon as they arrive. SO EXCITED!!! I am currently looking into having a portion of Sean's salary directly deposited into ECL's account every month. It would just make things easier for me. Hee hee. I heart that place! Ok, back to serious stuff. Our anniversary. I am going to go through our pictures and try to find ones of just the two of us. If I knew how to work our printer, I would scan our wedding picture to let you see how we haven't changed one single bit in the past 18 years. Well, except for my hair color. We look exactly the same. (Yeah right!).
Here's the two of us with Ella right after she was born. We were still in Utah, waiting to get her passport so we could fly home to Germany.

Ok, I'm having a hard time finding any pictures of just the two of us. One of us is always taking the pictures, and we usually have the kids in the pictures. But I found this picture which is one of the best days of our lives. This is the day we were sealed to Ella in the Frankfurt Temple. Next to being sealed to Sean, being sealed to my kids have been the greatest days of my life.


Finally found ONE. We were in Germany the first time for this one.


Here we are at Inch Beach in Ireland. I Love Ireland. I could easily move there and live there happily ever after, (as long as Sean and the kids were there too).


This next picture brings back mixed emotions. I was pregnant with Mason, which I loved, but it was the day Sean was leaving for a 6 month deployment to Afghanistan. Sound familiar? Same song...different verse...



Here we are in our backyard in Hawaii on a sunny Saturday afternoon. Were there any afternoons in Hawaii that weren't sunny? I don't think so...


We went to the beach with some good friends one evening to play and take some pictures.



This picture was taken on the big island of Hawaii when we went with Sean to an anesthesia conference he had there. Beautiful resort and wonderful vacation.


And this is my favorite picture of the two of us. Sean, I've got your back. Literally. And figuratively.



Here we are in Brugge after eating some amazing chocolate. I love Sean. And chocolate. Sean PLUS chocolate is perfect.


Well, that's most of them. Not good. We should have more pictures of just the two of us. Hmmmm....we'll correct that when he gets back. There are tons more pictures that we don't have on this computer and I just don't know how to do that whole scanning thing, so for now this will have to do. 18 years and still going strong. This marriage brought to you by the Temple. Time and All Eternity Inc. Would you like your marriage to also be forever? Just ask me how or I can have two wonderful young representatives of Forever Marriage come and talk to you!!

No comments: