Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Gardening 101

I have a nagging feeling all the time that I am forgetting about something. Something I should be doing but am neglecting. I figured out today what I've been forgetting about. Our backyard. We have a decent yard with the potential for a nice garden, if I had the time to work in it and the green thumb necessary to grow things. But today we all got our gloves on and worked together in the yard. I pruned the rose bushes (no idea if I did it right, but hopefully they'll grow back, won't they?) and pulled some weeds. The boys got in the game by pruning some bushes and cleaning some areas a bit.




Ella and Mason just jumped on the trampoline and provided entertainment for us in the form of wrestling.



Jaxon has been waiting for the past two weeks for a new Lego set to come in the mail. He earned some money and saved his allowance for this set and has been semi-patiently waiting for it. The problem with mail is that I have to go up to the hospital to get it. For those of you who just open your front door, walk a few feet to your mailbox and get packages, I hope you are super grateful and getting your mail carrier something nice for Christmas. If you have a mail box in the same postal code as your house, AND you have a garbage disposal, you are SUPER blessed and we can no longer be friends because we have nothing in common. Just kidding. I will send you my food scraps though so you can grind them up for me the next time I make the 7 mile trek to the post office to check mail.
Anyways, back to Jaxon, his Lego set came in the mail today and he eagerly opened the box and took the set down to his lair, I mean room, to put it together in record breaking time: 1 hour, 7 minutes.

No comments: