Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Unbelievables

A few amazingly unbelievable things have happened today. First off, I have officially lost 10 pounds. If you've found them, don't return them to me! I don't want to see them again. We'll see how long I can dodge and evade their return but I've changed the locks and my phone number so hopefully they won't be catching up with me again. Secondly, Mason actually played in his room today with Playmobil toys. If you know Mason, you know that he has permanently set up residence in Ella's room. Even though we have TWO toy rooms plus his bedroom filled to the brim with toys, Mason LOVES to play in Ella's room, even if she isn't there. So, today I was shocked to see him playing with something other than Polly Pockets in his own room.

Thirdly, the kids all ate their dinner. All of it. I couldn't believe it. Maybe because there was less snacking in the afternoon or maybe because I can rival Emeril when it comes to grilling steaks, but everyone, even vegetarian Colton, ate their dinner. I was shocked.



Then, I beat Jaxon at Risk. Shhh, don't tell him, he'll deny it vehemently, but we were playing to see who would fulfill a certain mission first, and I did it. Since competitiveness is genetically linked and Jaxon inherited a big huge ol' helping from me, we'll just say that he whooped me and I am still recovering from it. (Hee Hee)


While Jaxon was at Young Men's, (Colton was out playing with friends since his scout leader has been MIA for the summer), Ella, Mason and I went boinging (aka bouncing on the trampoline). We played Dead Man Dead Man Come Alive (or Dead Person if you want to be politically correct) then decided to read bedtime stories on the trampoline. That was fun. It was a beautiful evening. Since we were reading Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, the kids decided that the huge pancake falling on the school looked mighty appetizing, so we went inside to make pancakes for a bedtime snack and finish the story.


I'll tell you all about our castle adventures tomorrow. It's getting late and the kids had a busy day. Night!

No comments: