Friday, August 6, 2010

Old Mother Hubbard

So right now I have 10 kids in my house. And I am sane. And pretty darn happy. Everyone has someone (or multiple someones) to play with, so everyone is playing, no one is crying (at this precise moment) and I can catch you up on the last two days. Here are some of the kids playing in Ella's room (Polly Pockets are the preferred toy in her room right now):

I have the four Turner kids over while their mom and dad are looking for a house. Preferably right next door to me. We have been really loud and obnoxious on the trampoline and swing set lately in hopes that we drive our sweet, quiet little German neighbors bonkers and they decide to sell their house to the Turner's. No such luck so far. I also have the two famous Parish boys over, participating with Jaxon and Colton downstairs in a HUGE epic Lego battle. All I know is that I can no longer see the floor downstairs. And that German vacuums are excellent at sucking up most Lego pieces, so they better have everything cleaned up before bedtime.

So, what do you do when you have 10 kids in your house? RUN FAR AWAY??? Nah, load them up on sugar!! I made mini-cupcakes and made sure the frosting was as tall as the cupcake itself. I even put sprinkles on the ones for the girls. After the first batch was rapidly consumed, Colton discovered the second batch and waited patiently for them to be frosted so he could construct a cupcake colliseum.



Have I mentioned how happy I am to have the Turner's back on the same continent? I love these guys! I had them over for dinner last night. Don't they just look like they have the word FUN permamently tatooed on them (where it is exactly tatooed I cannot reveal at this place and time).


And even if their daughter puts pretties in Mason's hair...

we are so glad they are here!

A couple last pictures of Mason riding his bike outside yesterday morning. He loves to ride fast and hard. I see a Harley in his future.



And on a sad note, once again it was my unfortunate luck to be looking out my kitchen window when a certain van pulled down my street. My hopes started to raise for a split second, before it turned and parked next door. Chagrin. Melancholy. Despair. Maybe next time...

No comments: