Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Reunited and It Feels So Right

Yup, I keep changing the look of the blog. I can't decide what I like, so I'm just gonna keep changing it every few days.

So after 73 days of being separated, the kids were finally able to see their daddy through the wonders of Skype. The quality of picture was less than perfect and we lost the connection three times, but they were so happy and excited to see Sean. Talking on the phone isn't the easiest for Ella and Mason. They did much better seeing Sean on the computer and talking to him that way. Here are some pictures of the kids talking with Sean:



Mason wasn't able to sit still for long, so he decided that an ice cream cone was necessary for the completion of a successful evening.

Today was day #2 of the start of Potty Training. Yesterday Mason was fussy and not wanting to wear anything, so I suggested big boy pants. That was a hit. He wore Mater and Lightning McQueen on his rear for most of the afternoon. Sure, there were accidents, like today when he actually peed on me trying to take his underwear off on the way to the bathroom, but no big deal. Little kid pee ain't nothin' like old smelly beer-drinking German guy pee that we can find anywhere if we really want to. Here's Mason in his big boy pants:

I know, you can't really see his cute lil bum in this picture, but that wouldn't be very appropriate now, would it? So, trust me, he's wearing them and is diaper free in the picture.
Today we were reunited with some long lost friends: my furniture that we had stored at Sean's parents house for the past 3 1/2 years. It was a happy reunion to see the pieces again. I think they missed me a little.





And here are some other highlights from the day:
Ella teaching Mason the song "Book of Mormon" stories along with the hand motions. Mason loved singing and doing the actions for it. He kept saying, "We do this in Nursery!" (Thanks Brother Price!!)

And, have any of you seen my son, Jaxon? The kid living here today looked like him but said a few things that made me do a double, or even triple, take. First off, this kid finished the Book of Mormon last night. We have been encouraging Jaxon to read it for years, but not forcing him. We really wanted him to want to read it on his own. Since Sean left, Jaxon has challenged himself to read about 10 pages every night, and last night he finished. Way to go, Jaxon. I'm so proud of you. Then, this kid who looked like my eldest, said: "Mom, what are we doing tomorrow? I want to do some work. Today was boring. I need to be busy. I want work to do."



"WHAT?????? WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH JAXON? WHERE IS MY SON THAT SLEEPS IN TIL 11:00 AM AND CAN SIT STILL FOR SO LONG THAT MOSS SERIOUSLY HAS STARTED GROWING ON HIM AT TIMES? YOU WANT TO DO WORK?"

So, needless to say, I was impressed and pulled out my "To Do" list. We have some projects we are going to work on together tomorrow. Here's Jaxon after telling me he finished reading the Book of Mormon.

No comments: