Sunday, November 21, 2010

And the new calling is.......

Have you been up all night wondering what my new calling is? Have you been so in touch with the Spirit that you knew what it would be and didn't have any moments of nail biting wonder and anxiety? Well, put your mind at ease because all is right with the world again: I am back home, where I belong, in Young Women's. I was called as the first counselor in the Young Women's Presidency and I couldn't be more thrilled or excited. I LOVE LOVE LOVE working with the young women. They are awesome. They rock. I love it. I must have bribed the right person or delivered homemade goodies to the right house to get this sweet calling. I can't wait to get to know the girls better and serve them. Now Jaxon has no excuse for not going to Young Men's on Tuesday nights because his good old mom will be there to drag him with her. The only problem is, I am so out of the loop on what is cool in the mind of a 12-17 year old girl. I don't know the cool musicians, actors, tv shows, or movies. I'm not up to date with the latest slang phrases or text messages. I will just have to show up and wing it for a while, with a big ol' smile on my face, and a batch of homemade brownies to make up for my un-cool-ness. I'm a quick learner so hopefully in no time I will be dishin' with my girls and sharing personal secrets. Wish me luck!!
I have some cute pictures from the first of our two birthday parties that we attended on Saturday, but since I just devoured half of an Italian Creme cake that I baked for Dennis' birthday but personally ate most of, I will just roll over to my bedroom, read some scriptures and call it a night. I will post pictures tomorrow. Oh, I get to go share lunch with my favorite girl, Ella, and her classmates as they have an Italian Thanksgiving Feast for lunch. Aren't you jealous? As you sit down to a boring pb&j sandwich, I will be sharing stuffed shells, (that I personally made) with the cutest 5 year old around. Stop by Mrs. Waldrup's Kindergarten tomorrow around 11:30 if you're not doing anything. I'll try to save you a shell.

No comments: