Thursday, November 11, 2010

Mittwoch

Well, it's Wednesday. Mid-week. Or Mittwoch for all you Deutsch speaking friends. Ella, Colton and Mason were home today while Jaxon still had school. Colton and Ella's schools have parent teacher conferences today (mine though are on Friday). So, with 75% of my kinder home, how did we spend the day? Well, we tried to cram in as much fun as we could before I had to leave for German and the little ones went to Amy's house. Colton wanted to earn some extra money, so he vacuumed:

We found some Toy Story play doh that we hadn't opened yet, so that provided about 20 minutes of entertainment:

We're getting serious about Christmas preparations. We pulled out all the presents we've bought so far, then started to organize them. Ella and Mason found some fun French cookie cutters I had bought at Cora and decided they would make great designs if we traced them. Then we baked cupcakes to bring to Amy's and let the kids frost and decorate them.


I dropped Mason and Ella off at Amy's, and Colton didn't want to stay there. Of course because he loves his mom so much, he didn't want to be separated from her and chose to come to German class with her. He was a P.A. (perfect angel) during my class while I earned the title of Star Student for the day by using inverted word order in one of my answers. No applause, really, no big deal...After returning to Amy's to retrieve my children, Mason jumped into the car but Ella begged to stay longer and Amy willingly agreed to keep her for a few more hours. She already had a houseful of kids, so at this point, one more didn't make too much of a difference. Mason, Colton and I headed off to the BX for some lunch and some shopping. So, how are you doing on your Christmas purchases? Haven't thought too much about it yet? Well, I am just about done! Yup, DONE. And it feels good! Jaxon is 100% done, Colton is 90 % done, Mason is 90 % done, Ella is, well, if she gets off the naughty list, 50% done, and presents for extended family: Finished! It's a beautiful thing. See, I don't want to be scrambling at the last minute, especially when Sean is coming home, having to worry about sending out packages, ordering things or going to the store (especially the BX). Here are my two favorite shopping buddies as we check out with all our loot:


We picked up Ella and went back to the school to pick Jaxon up from Military History Club. It was 49 degrees, raining, and here's Jaxon walking to the car, still dressed as if we were back in good ol' Hawaii:

I made a Texas sheet cake, yup - from scratch ( I'll save you a piece but you better hurry, it's going fast!) for the boys for dessert while I put Ella and Mason to bed. Scriptures, journals, cleaning, laundry, blah blah blah and finally bed! Woo Hoo!

No comments: