Thursday, November 4, 2010

Life Goes On

So, last night I got a knock on the door. There were two Russian guys standing on my doorstep, attempting to speak English to me. Since I speche Deutsch ein bisschen, I was able to figure out what they wanted: my house. They asked if it was for sale and if I had the landlord's number. Yes to both of those. I was so nice and friendly to these two guys (brothers in law) who may be the reason for me getting kicked out of my house in the near future. If they buy the place, we have to move. I liked them, but don't think I'd like to live WITH them, so a new house would be in the cards for us. I asked them in, told them they could look around, and then started calling realtors. This is a stinky time of the year to move. If they buy the house and want to move in, I have 30 days to find a new place. Not really too much of a problem as long as I use a realtor. The only yucky part about that is the realtor's fee: one month's rent. If the house sells and we have to move, the Army takes care of the move. If I move on my own because I don't want to keep showing the house or like the fact that I may have only 30 days to vacate, I pay for all moving expenses. Yuck. So, I will start looking around and if I find THE perfect house, I'm outta here!! Floor heating and a bigger kitchen definitely are calling to me on certain days. We'll see. I'm not worried about it really, there are a lot of good things about this house, but it's not perfect, and I would love to be closer to Christy. So, maybe this is for the best. On to other topics.....
Jaxon has been joining us for breakfast these past few days and it has been so nice. Usually he just eats a Cliff bar downstairs as he gets ready and we don't have a Jaxon sighting til we are loading up in the car to say a prayer and go to the bus stop. He found something growing on one of his bars, and that was all it took to forsake them and head upstairs for some good old fashioned cereal. But I'm happy to have him around for a few more minutes every morning, so yesterday I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and this morning he wanted bacon and hard boiled eggs. No problem. Here are all four kids eating breakfast together:

After getting the kids on the bus, Mason watched a movie while I got ready. We had some friends over for German class, then we read stories. Mason LOVES to read stories, especially at the table while he is eating. No meal is complete unless a book is being read to him at some point. So, today as he was eating chicken nuggets and I was reading The Way I Feel, he showed me who every picture in the book is in our family. The last page has a picture with five cooky animated kids, and today he told me that I was the African American girl with frizzy hair. Cool. I need a tan. Jaxon got the best part: he got to be the little Asian girl with crossed eyes. Here's Mason pointing out the pictures in the book and telling me who each picture represents in our family:

The best was yesterday when we were reading Lunch Bunnies. Ok, only Sean will get this, or someone who has read the book. Guess who Mason said Jaxon was in that story? Jaxon got the part of Gloria, the mean ol' lunch lady. I laughed pretty hard about that. After reading stories, we were pleasantly rewarded with a visit from the garbage man. Here's Mason watching the German sanitation department at their finest:

You probably can't tell what Mason is wearing from the picture, but he spent the whole day in jammies. I tried to explain to him that his pants were actually jammies and he might want to wear some real pants so he could run around with his friends when they came for German class, but these aren't just any jammie pants. They are BATMAN jammie pants, so in his mind, they are worth their weight in gold, or at least Sour Patch Kids. They are a size 7, so a tad long, so he wore them around his feet all day, and was as happy as could be. Don't you wish you could just stay in your jammies all day and get away with it? Heck, even be considered cool? After the garbage man, we picked up the kids from the bus stop. Here is one of my favorite sights in Germany:
I know the picture is far away, but remember I only have my phone camera now so I couldn't zoom in to get a closer picture, and I didn't want to scare the old lady by going right up and taking a picture of her, causing a potential heart attack in the sweet little old thing. This is a picture of an old lady, dressed nicely, sweeping her front walkway. Everyone is so neat and clean here. I love it. Most 80 year olds in America are sitting in front of day time soaps, and here is a little Oma cleaning her front yard. Maybe if she has some extra time I can see if she is willing to walk the few blocks over to MY front yard.....nah.....


Piano lessons were up next, thanks to daylight savings we now drive home in the dark. Yuck. But not without a quick stop through the golden arches drive thru for some McFlurries and sundaes:

And here are my favorite two goofballs as we get ready to start the bedtime process:

Tomorrow I get to sit still for 2 hours with a book while I get my hair done (hee hee) then off to Christy's for Indian cuisine for dinner. She told me she loves Indian food and should have been named Punjab. I thought that was funny. Then I told her I love sweets so I should have been named high fructose corn syrup. Oh well, maybe I can change my name later...

No comments: