Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Terrible Tuesdays

I just realized that the past two Tuesdays have been bad news for us. Last Tuesday, I scratched the front bumper of the car pulling out of my driveway. Stupid mistake, I was hurrying to pick the kids up from the bus and didn't see how close the front bumper was to the cinderblock planters. Not a horrible scratch, but enough to make me feel bad. Since we already had a gash taken out of the underside of the bumper, I decided to let the perfectionist in me take over and look into getting it repaired. I love getting things accomplished (see previous post) so I called the body shop the next morning and brought the car in that afternoon for an estimate. Not too bad, actually less than I was planning, so the part is being ordered, and we are waiting for a date to bring the car back to the shop. Now, onto this Tuesday. I had to take Colton to the doctor's. He has a bump on his arm that has been getting redder, harder, and more painful over the past two days. So I took him into the doctor's, she squeezed it and make it pop pus ALL OVER her (YUCK!!), gave him some antibiotics, and we were on our way. In the afternoon, Colton wanted to show me something on the computer, so he started to carry it over to me. He didn't realize our camera was plugged into the camera. It dropped. On the floor. The tile floor. oops. Yup, the camera body cracked. It kinda takes pictures still, but not well. Shoot. The poor kid felt horrible and went into his room to cry. I told him its just a 'thing', not important, no one was hurt, and things could be a whole lot worse. So, these past two Tuesdays have cost me some serious money. I think I am going bubble wrap us next Tuesday, lock the doors, and stay inside all day, away from anything worth any money. I am trying to stay positive, thinking that we have enough money so it's not the end of the world, possessions aren't important and don't matter, and as long as the kids are healthy and safe, we are doing fine. So, I guess this is just to let ya'll know that I hope no one's expecting great Christmas presents from us this year, since these past two weeks have been a bit expensive.


This is all that matters: these four guys, healthy and happy!

No comments: