Monday, November 1, 2010

Checklists

I LOVE LOVE LOVE finishing things and checking off my imaginary boxes to show that I've completed my various tasks. Here was my checklist for today:
Wake up at 4:15 am (thank you daylight savings): CHECK
Work out with Tony and do 135 push ups (on my toes, folks, that's not counting the ones one my knees): CHECK
Make lunches: CHECK
Wake kids up that aren't already awake (thanks to daylight savings): CHECK
Make breakfast: CHECK
Drive kids to bus stop: CHECK
Do laundry: CHECK
Get ready: CHECK
Order advent calendars on line for boys: CHECK (Half way done with my Christmas shopping folks, how are you doing on that?)
Go to Amy's house and check out her putzfrau: CHECK
Hire putzfrau to start cleaning my house next week: CHECK
Do happy dance that putzfrau starts next week: DOUBLE CHECK
Go to post office, mail letters, and send Sean a package of clothes for Afghanis: CHECK
Pick up lunch for Colton: CHECK
Eat lunch with Colton: CHECK
Go food shopping: CHECK
Buy way too much stuff that I don't need because Mason is with me: CHECK
See my visiting teachee in the commissary and check in with her: CHECK
Put all the groceries away: CHECK
Clean up Mason after he goes to the bathroom: Ewww, CHECK
Take care of recycling: CHECK
Read Mason stories: CHECK
Clean Mason AGAIN after he goes to the bathroom since he obviously has too much fiber in his diet: CHECK
Pick kids up from bus stop: CHECK
Help with homework: CHECK
Peel numerous clementines for Mason since he absolutely loves them and won't stop eating them: CHECK
Make doctor's appointment for Colton due to his big bug bite/bump/red thingy on his arm that won't go away: CHECK
Make dinner: CHECK
Have FHE: CHECK
Stop numerous fights: CHECK
Clean up dinner: CHECK
Vacuum floor since more rice ended up there than in kids' mouths: CHECK
Read scriptures: CHECK
Put away laundry: CHECK
Make second dinner since kids are hungry again: CHECK
Read stories: CHECK
Brush kids' teeth: CHECK
Sing songs: CHECK
Tell kids goodnight: CHECK
Read my own scriptures: CHECK
Study German: CHECK
Tell Ella to get back in bed: CHECK
Fall into bed ready for a repeat tomorrow: CHECK

Here's some fun pictures from today:
Mason, helping me bring in the groceries: (only carrying the bag with the candy canes in it though)



Mason dressing up as 'Sarah' (no idea who Sarah is, but that's who he pretends he is when he plays with Ella)



Colton, all smiles, even though he had a killer headache and his arm was hurting him:

No comments: