Wednesday, November 24, 2010

It's Beginning to Smell A Lot Like Thanksgiving

So, what have I been up to these past few days? BAKING!! Yup, our kitchen has transformed into a German bakery with yummy desserts being produced almost hourly. Yesterday we mastered fudge and a pumpkin pie, today was pumpkin bread, pumpkin bars, chocolate caramel bars and brownies, and tomorrow morning we are scheduling an oatmeal cake. Aren't you getting hungry just reading this? I don't need one of those Yankee Candles that is scented for the holidays, like pumpkin pie or sugar cookies. My house is smelling like that for real for the past two days and it's awesome. I think I'm gaining weight just through my nose. I love to bake and this is such a fun time of year. Last night, Colton wanted to make something special for his class for Thanksgiving. Since he has a male teacher, the idea of a Thanksgiving feast or party wasn't gonna happen, so we decided to make today a little more festive for his class by sending in some Pilgrims' hat cupcakes. Here's Colton with his cupcakes:


On Monday, Ella and I worked on a project of hers for Kindergarten. Each student needs to decorate a box that will become their special treasure box to carry reading books to and from school. Thanks to my artistic and creative friend Christy who loaded us up with cool craft supplies Sunday night, we were prepared for this project. Here's Ella, Mason and I working on her box:


Yesterday I was lucky enough to borrow Aedan for a few hours to come over and play. Mason stayed in boy clothes for a majority of the time, which I consider a step forward in the progress department. I found Mason at one point, hiding in his closet, dressed at Batman, but with a pink purse. I asked him who he was. The answer? Baby Bat Girl. I know the picture isn't great, (I'm STILL waiting for my new camera) but here is Baby Bat Girl:


The best part of the past two days was this morning when I caught Mason chasing Colton around the house, wearing a Santa hat, wielding a toy knife, shouting "I'm Evil Santa!! Watch out!" Here's Colton before the attack:


I wasn't fast enough to catch a picture of Evil Santa on the loose. I put out an APB for him and eagerly await his return. So, tomorrow we are off to the Wilkenson's house for some serious turkey eating. I learned how to say turkey today in my TWO HOUR German class. Class was cancelled on Monday so we had a two hour session today. My head still hurts from trying to understand and speak German for that long. The class was small though, which was great, and I really like learning the language, although I feel I am making very S L O W progress. Oh well, guten abend!!

No comments: