Sunday, October 31, 2010

Tiara and a Hair Cut

So we actually had some plans today, and ended up just staying home and enjoying the cold weather outside by eating Halloween candy and watching movies inside. There was trick or treating on base, and we thought about going, but the kids were happy here; Colton was playing with some friends from up the street and Mason and Ella were playing nicely together. (Jaxon was somewhere in France still). So, we stayed here and I got a lot of organizing and 'putting away' done. This afternoon, Ella pulled out an arts and crafts book and asked to make tiaras. Sure! Mason, Ella and I got the necessary materials, sat down and created some lovely tiaras/crowns, good enough for any princess (or prince). Here are my royal children donning their new headwear:


Here's Ella decorating her tiara:



With these crowns they are now officially a prince and princess, but they still are under the supreme authoritative rule of their Queen Mother who doesn't need a crown, but maybe a slightly larger diamond in her wedding ring (hint hint Sean).
We rented some movies (I LOVE itunes and downloading movies right away) , popped some popcorn, and had a nice afternoon:

Jaxon called around 4 and said he was on his way. I know he was only gone for a whopping 23 hours, but I missed him. Things just don't feel right when one of the kids isn't here. We picked him up, tried to get some details about the trip from him, and came back home to resume candy eating and book reading. Overall, a successful day. Oh yeah, I cut Mason's hair.
The curls are pretty much gone, and it has started to look kinda scraggly. Kinda like Shaggy Rogers from Scooby Doo. So, I pulled out the scissors and went to work. I am by no means a professional barber, so I will probably have to take him to the barber shop within the next few days to fix it, but I think it's ok for the moment. He looks so much different. OLDER! Where is my baby??

No comments: