Monday, October 25, 2010

Family Home Evening

For FHE tonight I thought we would get back to the basics. We have been pretty good about hitting spiritual topics lately, getting ready for General Conference, reviewing the basic gospel principles, etc., so I thought tonight we would focus on some other important issues that have been rising up lately. I figured it was not fair of me to be the only member of this household to possess certain knowledge. I have a responsibility to share my vast wealth of information with my children. So, tonight I taught them the following:
1) How to replace a roll of toilet paper on each of our toilet paper holders.
2) How to fold clothes in your drawers, rather than shove them inside.
3) How to use a certain 'magic wand' to remove certain discolorations, aka 'skid marks' from an unnamed porcelain bowl.

As soon I mentioned what we would be doing tonight, Jaxon smirked, then vanished. Colton, Ella, and Mason, however, were fascinated to find out how to unscrew the toilet paper holder and put another roll on, fold clothes to make the drawers look beautiful enough to make Martha Stewart proud, and they actually fought over who could use the toilet scrubber first. After FHE, Ella actually spent the next hour refolding all her clothes in her drawers and making them look beautiful. Great, now I made her OCD. Just kiddin', she did a great job straightening out her drawers and we'll see how long it takes to make them messy again. I'm starting the stop watch right now...
Here are the kids happily learning the basics of Home Maintenance 101:





No comments: