Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Gratitude

We listened to President Monson's talk on gratitude for FHE last night. It was awesome. Perfect. The prophet rocks. The end. Well, there's a little more I guess....so in lieu of his talk, I am going to reflect on some things I am grateful for:

I am thankful for my eldest
who is teaching me much about being a mom
He needs more than kisses and brownies
More like world knowledge and pearls of wisdom
He is growing up too fast
right before my very eyes
He is already a young man
quite mature and extremely wise


I am grateful for my son who scored the highest in his class on a test
For his hard work and diligence, always striving to be his best
For the ice cream we ate as we celebrated his score
And his love of education, always wanting to learn more


I am thankful for a daughter who teaches me each day
To enjoy the little things and be kind in what I say
Whose enthusiasm for life is infectious and contagious
And who keeps us smiling as she continues to wear outfits that are outrageous



And for a little one who loves me and wants me to hold him all day
since he hurt his foot and refuses to use it in any way
He makes me feel, on a scale, like I'm a 10
So I never put him down and feel like I'm pregnant all over again


I'm thankful for clothes
they keep us dry and warm
Even though Ella never puts them away
And her room looks like its been hit by a tropical storm


I'm thankful for a washing machine
How I'd hate to scrub clothes on a rock
Though it takes forever for me to put them all away
And there is always that one extra sock...



I'm thankful for delicious food
and having always enough on our plate
Though it is a pain to wash and dry them
So ending up in the rack seems to be their fate



I am thankful for fun FHE treats
that the kids couldn't wait to do
Painting Halloween pictures on brownies
Kept them happy and smiling too



And last but not least
I'm thankful that the PX is starting to put Christmas decorations on display
Since that means the holiday is coming soon
And Sean's return is a little closer every day!

1 comment:

Stofam said...

Can I just tell you what an awesome mom you are?? Well, you are!! You do such cool things for your kids and you can always tell how much you love them in all your blog posts!! You are superwoman doing it all without your man around and yet you can tell how much you do it all FOR your man anyways!! You totally rock!