Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Retail Therapy

So, since I spent much of yesterday driving in a car, I probably should have stayed out of my car today. But, by 11:00am, I heard it calling.......




"Angela..........."






"I miss you..........."






"It's been so long.............."









"Where are you????????"








I could stand it no longer and listened to the promptings of the ECL spirit, grabbed Mason, and off we headed to Landstuhl and my favorite store: European Country Living. You see, you cannot break the bonds of true love. Although we may be separated at times, it will always hold a special place in my heart. No sense of tiredness, lack of funds, or whining children can keep me away too long from my favorite store in the whole wide world. (Sorry Target, now that you are so far away, I must succumb to the fact that the distance between us is growing farther and farther and my love has turned to the readily accessible and available form of true happiness in retail form found within the walls of ECL. )


So, since my birthday is in two days, I figured a trip to ECL was justified, even called for. I was on a special mission this time too: I already have a lot of big furniture, so I was looking for some fun little accessories to brighten up our home and get us in the autumn spirit. Well, mission accomplished! I found some great decorations and Mason found balloons, so we were both happy. Here are some pictures I took while I was shopping just to help inspire me to decorating greatness when I get back home and try to recreate the ECL atmosphere with the items I bought:





And here is Mason actually walking on his own back to the car ( I had been holding him for the past hour so this was a rarity):

And here is a cute little outfit at a French store right on the way to ECL that may need to come home with me next time I'm nearby. Like on Thursday, during piano lessons, since Mr. Mark is just across the street...hmm.....

No comments: