Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Trunk or Treat

Tonight we went to the chapel to partake of some good ol' fashioned Halloween fun. The Primary had a Halloween party in the Primary rooms with games and prizes for the kids. I personally baked 24 adorable bat cupcakes for the cake walk, and watched my kids have a good time at that game, along with the bowling game, fishing game, and ball toss. After a parade, a round of games, and some serious adrenaline, we got down to the business of trunk or treating. Since I wanted to take Ella and Mason around to the different cars, I let Jaxon be in charge of passing out candy at our car. Big mistake. I came back to find him throwing candy at certain children, one of which was his brother. UGH. Mason was done pretty quickly. He just wanted to go home and start eating his cornucopia of candy. His batman bucket was quickly getting filled with enough sugar to put any diabetic in a coma. Ella was all about seeing her friends, saying hi, figuring out what everyone else was dressed as, etc. Colton was all about seeing if he was the scariest kid at the whole activity. He LIVES for Halloween. This one day a year means a lot to Colton. He starts prep work months in advance: research, development, the whole 9 yards. We slacked a little this year and didn't do a dry run before hand. We waited until to night to do a full dress rehearsal. I had fun making him look as gruesome as possible. The only problem was Mason. Colton scared Mason. Colton's costume and make up were a little too good. Mason started to cry when he first saw Colton. But Colton, being the awesome big brother that he is, did everything he could to make Mason realize that it was really him underneath the make up and tried to be cute and funny with him. So, are you dying for some pictures? I thought so. Here are my wonderful pirate princess, Batman, and gruesome zombie!!!





Here is Batman and his fearsome twin, Batman II. The inseparable duo fought crime, protected citizens and devoured candy all evening long.

And what was I, you ask? Well, since I've got being a 'witch' down pat, I figured I might as well put on the costume and make it official for the night!


Here are the kids during the parade:



And getting candy from the trunks:


No comments: