Friday, October 8, 2010

Peace and Quiet

At 9:00 pm last night, I reflected on the past few days. I was thinking about some peaceful moments over the past few days when we just hung out, doing homework, or eating dinner, or reading scriptures, and enjoyed ourselves. I need to have more of those peaceful, quiet moments mixed in with all the craziness. I love to watch my children sleep. It is one of the only times they are quiet for longer than a few seconds. I feel peace as I watch them and hope for them and pray for them. They are wonderful kids and deserve the best the world has to offer them. I know Ella is dreaming of princesses and kitty cats right now:

Mason is dreaming of playing Playmobil with Aedan while calling someone a poopyhead (whether or not this term is technically a bad word is still being fiercely debated between certain members of this family. We have put it before the Supreme Court and will let you know the results as soon as possible):

And Colton, I'm sure he is dreaming about what he wants to buy his sweet mom for her birthday next week. Speaking of birthdays and getting older, Ella came into Mason's room today and asked me, "Mom, are you 59?"
Me: "Uh, NO! Do I look 59?"
Ella: "Oh, I thought you were 59. I told everyone in my class you are 59."
Me: "Awesome Ella. I keep telling you I'm 29, not 59! I better make a visit to your classroom to show the kids how great 59 looks."
Ella: "So, how old are you? Really?"
Me: "38"
Ella: "58?"
Me: "Forget it"

And a highlight of our day was making oatmeal raisin cookies for Sean. Mail seems to be getting to him in about a week, so we'll see if these guys make it there alright, individually wrapped in plastic and stored in a Pringles can. Hopefully not too stale.

And yes, to answer your next question, we DO bake pretty much every day.
Tschuss!

No comments: