Thursday, October 28, 2010

What We've Been Up To

I know, I know, I'm getting bad about posting. I really really really would love to post something every day. But then this little thing called LIFE butts in, and things get busy. And crazy. So, what have we been up to? Well, two trips to European Country Living within 24 hours to pick up the new book/toy shelf that I bought last week. I wanted to save money on the delivery charge so Christy and I went over there to pick it up on Monday with some friends and their big truck. German construction blocked the path to the warehouse, so we returned the next day. Our big muscles were no match for the height and weight of this piece of furniture. We did such a good job bringing it in I almost tipped myself a few euros. I put all of Mason's big toys in it, and his room is starting to look much better. What do you think?

We made a book nook in the corner of their room and Colton spent some time tonight organizing his book. Man, that kid is definitely mine. He loves to organize. A man after my own heart!

Mason has had a little bit of a bloody nose all day. He has not been very receptive to the idea of me wiping his nose. But I cannot, in good conscience, have my kid's nose bleeding all day long. So, in comes a tissue. Here he is after I tried to clean his nose:

For all you Captain Underpants Fans: "ME NO LIKE TISSUE!!"
Remember that line from Attack of the Bionic Booger Lady?
Quality literature, folks, that's all I read...
So, what did we do yesterday? Well, we vacummed a little...

(I think wearing Ella's dresses helps Mason get in touch with the domestic diva persona which helps him clean better)
we made mini pizzas for dinner and watched them bake in the oven...



we cleaned out the kitchen cabinet with all our yummy baking supplies in it......



and let Colton have free reign in the kitchen while he used the aforementioned baking items he discovered hidden in the back of our cabinet to create his own perfect cookie: Sugar cookies with heath bar, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and white chocolate chips, decorated with Halloween frosting and icing:

He was so proud of them he took a picture of them while they baked:

On a serious note, please keep our friends, the Moyers, in your prayers. They lived in a duplex and the other half caught on fire two nights ago. They had to leave their house in just their jammies. All their belongings are either wet or damaged by smoke. Just when I think things are a bit hard or frustrating for me, something like this happens and knocks me back in place. They are safe and sound, but their lives just got turned upside down. Right before the holidays. Yuck. So, say an extra prayer for them, hug your family one extra time tonight, and count your blessings as you go to sleep.

No comments: