Friday, October 15, 2010

Happy Birthday

If you asked Mason, he would have told you that it was HIS birthday coming up, not mine. He has been saying that his birthday is in two weeks, for about three weeks now. He is also 5 years old, if you ask him. Don't know what happened to number 4, he just was done being 3 and figured 5 sounded good. On Wednesday we went over to Christy's for dinner because Christy ROCKS and her hubby was gonna help Colton and their son Cameron get started making their space ships for the Space Derby race in Cub Scouts. If not for Mr. Dennis, I was just planning on keeping Colton home from Scouts next Tuesday, taking him to a movie, and accidently forgetting that the Space Derby was going on.
"Oops! Really? The Space Derby was tonight? We were supposed to make a space ship out of wood? Sand it? Paint it? Assemble it? Shoot! I TOTALLY forgot!"
But thanks to Dennis, my kid won't be the only one missing that night. He will have a rocket in hand and be able to participate. I am right now in the process of bribing judges with chocolate chip cookies to secure Colton a spot in the top three winners of the night. Besides working on their rockets, we made individual pizzas for dinner. The kids LOVED rolling out their dough and topping them. Had it been my house, the kids would have been asking to top theirs with chocolate chips and marshmallows, but we were a little better at Christy's and actually put sauce, cheese and the occasional vegetable on ours.






Thursday was my birthday. My kids forgot and no one said anything about it til Sharshe called and asked Ella if she knew it was my birthday and had wished me a happy birthday. I got a few happy birthdays out of them, a fabulous picture/card from Colton, and the realization that birthdays aren't as much fun when you are older than when you are still single digits. I spent most of the day with Christy and we had fun. We had German class here in the morning, and spewed out German phrases while chowing down on Brown Sugar Pound Cake. Then we headed off to European Country Living to pick up Christy's new entertainment center. Very cool. I tried to convince her that it would make a GREAT birthday present, but I think she might have some explaining to do to Dennis if she didn't come home with it. Here is my favorite store:



After picking up the kids from the bus, we headed over to Landstuhl again for piano lessons. Remember that cute little Parisian shop right around the corner from ECL and piano, well, it was open, so I thought I better just pop my head in, since I walk by it all the time and don't want to be rude. The clothes were beautiful. The owner said they are all from Paris or Italy. Mason touched everything and deemed all clothing articles as "pretty". Ella loved the scarves. And purses. I tried one a few things, grabbed a purse and a scarf while the nice owner was feeding French chocolates to my kids, and ended up with some fun new winter clothes. Way overpriced, yes, but they're FRENCH! Everything in France is overpriced. Plus, it was my birthday, so price tags don't count today, right? Here are the kids in the store:


Ella admiring the scarves:

And me and my favorite girl outside our new favorite clothing store:

So, how does it feel to be 29 again? I think I've got this year down pat. Maybe next year I actually will let myself turn 30. Since I have the best husband, wonderful kids, am healthy and can kick anyone's hiney since I'm in the best shape of my life, I think I am happy with my age and don't mind getting older. Except for the wrinkles...

No comments: