Friday, June 25, 2010

Deja vous

Today was supposed to be really hectic, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Colton woke up not wanting to go to Scout Camp. Yesterday he came home in tears because his scout leader had been yelling at the kids. He said even though he hadn't done anything, she yelled at all of them a bunch of times. I was going to have to take her down when I saw her at the lunch that was scheduled for today. I asked Colton if he even wanted to go on Friday to camp, and he said yes. So, I left it at that. But in the morning he said he didn't want to go. So, you mean I don't have to drag five kids up to Sembach, get lost, eat lunch in a hot field with ticks and bugs, wait around for 4 hours to watch you do a skit involving you singing Old McDonald? Yea Colton, I think you're looking a little pale, you better stay home. Oh, is that a cough I hear? Perhaps a sniffle? Yup, no Scout Camp for you today! Well, Ella and Colton couldn't wait for two of the Wilkinson kids to come over to play. Their dad just returned from a deployment and I offered to watch them this weekend so mom and dad could have a little 'alone' time. What's that? The only alone time I have is in the bathroom, and half of the time, Mason is STILL with me. Anyways, Tyler and Jake came around 12:30 and we headed off to Kinderspiel. I looked up their website and they open at 13:00, that's 1 pm for all you civilians. So, we arrived a little after one and it was deserted. Hmmm, maybe we have the whole place to ourselves? Nope, new hours that they didn't bother to change on their website. They didn't open til 3:30. Shoot. So, I reprogramed the GPS for Yabadoo, but the address I thought was Yabadoo was actually my hair dresser. So, 15 minutes later when I was turning a corner and realized I was closer to my hair stylist that bouncy inflatable things, I grunted, and went through the addresses in my GPS again and found the right one. I should have just gone and got my hair done again. We finally ended up at Yabadoo and the kids had a great time. I forgot how German kids like to be half naked, so I was a little shocked to see all these German boys without shirts on, then a little more shocked when the German girls joined in and took their shirts off too. Good thing my boys were too distracted with beating each other up to notice half naked German girls. So Yabadoo, twice in one week; I think I'm done with that place for at least the next 72 hours.



Here's Mason and I sliding down together:

Jaxon perfected his back flip:

And here's Mason with Dorito fingers:

1 comment:

Nate, Jenny and Amelia said...

You are so funny! I love all of your posts and updates. We have to live vicariously through your adventures in Germany!