Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Tuesday, June 22nd

I know, I'm already a day behind posting what we are doing. But when you hear about how busy today (yesterday) was, you'll forgive me. I woke everyone up early to get Colton to Scout Camp at Sembach Army Base. We were supposed to car pool but by 10 pm the night before, all car pooling hopes were dashed. I was on my own to get Colton to Sembach. For those of you who don't know my directional skills, let's just say I have no problem getting lost WITH my GPS. But I had a good attitude and assumed that the directions I was emailed at the last minute would suffice. Yea right! I left early, and got to Sembach, the town Sembach, the industrial park Sembach, not the Army Base. I drove around until I found two minivans pulled over with confused looking women searching over pieces of paper. Hmm, I rolled down my window and yelled, "Looking for Scout Camp?" and they said "Yes!!" so we all hooked up and followed the one lady with the most confidence and we found it. YEA! Then, something wonderful happened. In the parking lot, we found Colton's best friend from school, Cody. Cody's mom was a volunteer at the Camp and offered to take Colton home for me that afternoon so I wouldn't have to attempt to find it again. Thank you Stacey!!! After two hours, we finally were on the road back home. Jaxon's friend Spencer came over to hang out for the day. I took the kids to Yabadoo, which coincidentally is right by Sembach. Something about that area kept pulling me over there. The kids had a great time.

Here are the kids on the top of the volcano. Ella came running over to me at one point to tell me a German kid pushed her and threw something at her. GRRRR....I walked over to find the kid and he didn't understand any English, so I gave him my meanest glare. Then I told Jaxon and Spencer about it, and from that moment on, Ella had two personal body guards. The boys made sure that boy didn't get within a 10 foot radius of Ella.
Mason had a blast and even went on some of the things without me. Progess!!




Everyone was getting hot and tired after a few hours, so we left to go home and eat.

After dinner, we had to go for another drive, out to church for scouts. Colton just spent the hour being chased outside, and Jaxon was fine with going since Spencer was along. I tried to find out information about signing Jaxon up for Scout Camp. So many nice people bent over backwards to help me. One man offered to pick up the items I need at the Scout store in Frankfurt when he goes up there on Saturday. THANK YOU!! I didn't even need to pull out the "my husband's deployed - feel sorry for me" card. He just offered! Nice people ROCK!!

No comments: