Friday, June 18, 2010

It's Friday!!



This is the cake that Colton baked yesterday. It should have gone under yesterday's post, but I got busy, so I couldn't forget to show how awesome it turned out. It was delicious. Ok, so I only had one little bite cuz I'm doing this no sugar thing which is VERY hard, but I didn't want to insult my son by not tasting his creation, so I had to have a little taste. Yum. Emeril: watch out. Colton's coming. And he's good.
This morning, after dropping Ella off for her last day at preschool (sniff), Colton, Mason and I went to our friend Michelle's house to pick strawberries. Isn't that cool? I've never picked strawberries before. She has a bunch of bushes in her backyard and invited us to pick some. Mason pooped out after picking about three and discovered she has a cool swing set in her backyard. Colton, my hard worker, would have kept picking all morning if I didn't stop him. We got a good bunch, came home, and ate them (after washing them off and drizzling them with sugar, of course).


On the way home, we saw a horse. Not in a field on the side of the road, but in the middle of the street, galloping away. Luckily, we were on a small back country road that was fairly open, so cars coming from both ways saw him from a distance, slowed down, and gawked. Like us. Here's a picture of the horse from my front windshield window. You can barely see him. Colton and Mason thought it was so cool that the horse had escaped and was running to freedom!!


Ella had an end of year picnic at her school this afternoon. All the kids wore C&K t-shirts that they had signed. Here's Ella in hers:


This afternoon, we went to the premiere of Toy Story 3. Mason has been waiting months for this. He was soooo excited to go. Here's a picture of him running into the theater, without me, to see the movie.


What are the chances I could fit this in my car?


Ella didn't like the movie. She was so sad that Andy didn't keep Woody, she cried all the way home.

No comments: