Sunday, June 20, 2010

I love Nursery!

These are the miraculous words uttered today by Mason for the first time in his life. He has not liked Nursery. Well, that's an understatement. He usually starts crying towards the end of Sacrament meeting in anticipation of Nursery. He chants "I don't like Nursery" over and over again. I reassure him that I'll stay with him, but he still doesn't want to go. He hasn't liked Nursery since we moved here, and are no longer in Nursery with him full time. He loves one of the ladies called to Nursery, so when I saw she was here today, I knew my chances were good that I'd be able to sneak out for at least a few minutes of Sunday School or Relief Society. Well, we went to Nursery together and he started playing with Playdoh and wasn't sitting on my lap. That's a big improvement. I snuck out and the teacher said he freaked out for a minute when he realized I was gone, then he said, "My mom's gonna come back" and stopped crying. YEA!!! He did great the rest of the time. Towards the end of RS they brought him to me, not because he was crying, but because he said he had to pee. Now, I'm not even trying to potty train him yet, but I thought, what the heck, let's try the bathroom, and sure enough, the kid peed in the toilet! Woo hoo! Go Mason! Then he told me as we walked from the bathroom, "I love Nursery!!": I couldn't believe my ears. I checked outside: No pigs flying, hmmm, he said it again, "I love Nursery". Wow. We went back to Nursery and said goodbye to his friends, and picked up Ella and the boys. Cool. Maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel. As soon as we get him used to Nursery, he'll be ready to go to Sunbeams and won't like that change; oh well.
Well, Ella and Mason tried to be big helpers this morning and make their own beds. Here are some pictures of them with their made beds.





I convinced Colton to wear his suit to Church today, and Mason wanted to look spiffy too. So we got them all dressed up and ready to go. Look how good they clean up:

Even Ella put on a nice dress and was all ready for her new Primary teacher, Sister Colton, whom she LOVES!!

And this is just Colton being Colton:

I might consider renting him out to the circus this summer.

No comments: