Thursday, June 17, 2010

End of School (Yea!! and Boo!!)

I am excited for summer: park days, picnics, zoo trips, unscheduled fun. But, I realize that now that the kids are home all day, every day, and with that amount of unstructured time, such nasty things as boredom, laziness and rudeness may OCCASIONALLY pop up. I'm sure my children who are perfect angels for their teachers, well, maybe not perfect but pretty darn close, will continue to exhibit such stellar behavior at home as they do at school. Maybe I should start having them call me Mrs. Burke between the hours of 8am to 3pm. Maybe I can convince Mrs. Grimes and Mrs. Evett to do random pop in visits to my house to check on them. Maybe I can convince them that Mrs. Grimes and Mrs. Evett have Santa Claus radar and can tell when they are being naughty and nice and I'm sure they wouldn't want to disappoint their teachers. We'll see. Anyways, Colton had an end of year party at Donelly Park today with some of his classmates. They had a good time even though it was COLD! Someone forgot to tell Germany that it is almost summer. With a balmy 57 degrees today, I was mighty chilly with just my long sleeve t shirt. And Mason refused to wear shoes and socks. I guess being born in Hawaii allows him to believe he may wear flip flops for any occasion or weather. Ella was supposed to have field day at her preschool, but it was cancelled due to the rainy and cold weather. Jaxon has been done with school since last Friday, Colton is officially done as of 10:40 am this morning, and Ella will be finished tomorrow at 11:30 am. Then I will have a middle schooler in 7th grade, an intermediate student in 3rd grade and a kindergardener in the elementary school. Three school age kids in three different schools. I can't wait for back to school night. Talk about running around! Here are some pictures of Colton and Mason at the park this afternoon.



Jaxon actually opened up his shrine, I mean room, today for Mason to play Legos with him. That is quite the honor if you know how much Jaxon loves his Legos. He is trying to indoctrinate Mason with the finer points of Legos, and as you can see from the picture, he even shared his Lego magazine with him.

No comments: