Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Crepes, Apostles, Super Heroes and Halloween

Well, the title sums up the past three days. Although Sunday was Fast Sunday for me, I don't make the little ones fast, and tortured myself by offering to make them crepes using Sean's new crepe pan that he hasn't even seen yet. Thanks Sean. It works great. You'll love it. I still can't make them as well as Sean can, but my clients aren't too picky. The favorite was sugar crepes, followed by strawberry jam ones. Here are the kids enjoying their breakfast:

Then I got a call from Mason's nursery leader asking if I was going to bring in cupcakes for Mason's birthday. Well, sure, I'd love to. Even though I'm fasting and I LOVE cake batter more than the finished product, I am strong and can bake without test tasting, if I really have to. So then in walks Jaxon with a brilliant idea.
"How about cake batter crepes?"
LIGHTBULB!!
Sounded delicious to me, so we made a few, and I saved one to eat when I broke my fast later on.

Church was good, then we went to our home teacher's house for dinner. My vegetarian son, Colton, ate two servings of chicken. Wow, I better get the recipe.
On Monday, we had a great Family Home Evening. I wish I could take credit, but Christy rocks and lent me the pictures of the prophet and apostles along with fun fact cards about each of them. Then, on line, I found a fun song to sing that teaches you the names of the first presidency and the 12 apostles. Google LDS PROPHET AND APOSTLE SONG. It is to the tune of an old hick tv show theme song, I can't even remember the name, but it makes you want to pull on some cowboy boots, stick a piece of straw in your mouth, and belt out the names of all the apostles. Very fun. Even Jaxon who, upon hearing it for the first time said, "You've GOT to be kidding me!!" sang loudly as we learned all the names. Here's Ella pointing to the pictures of the prophet and apostles as we sang:

Here's Jaxon getting in touch with his inner Halloween self wearing a sweet witch hat while singing:

After FHE we were privileged to be visited by our favorite Super Hero. Who's faster than a German tractor on a one way priority road? Who's stronger than a former East German wrestler when powered with enough juicy and sugar? Who's able to leap off bunk beds and trampolines with a shout and a roar? Yes, it's SUPER MASON!!!



After rescuing Molly from a perilous situation, Super Mason was rewarded with pumpkin bread for dessert. He graciously shared with his fans.

No comments: