Thursday, September 23, 2010

My newest son

I have a new son. No, no, no need to throw me a shower or send flowers. I am just borrowing him for as long as I can. He has been adopted into the Burke household over the past weeks and is adjusting quite nicely to our routine. He used to be Aedan Turner, but now he is Aedan Burke. I still can't get him to call me mom, he will only say "uh, Mason's mom?" when he needs something, but we're working on that. Yesterday Aedan's old family got their household goods delivered, so we stole him for the day. He and Mason played great together. Aedan is exposing Mason to the world of legos, Play mobil, knights and pirates. Quite successfully I might add. We all went to piano lessons together and the kids had a fun time playing tag at the little park by the piano teacher's house. I don't know what I'm going to do when it starts getting dark and we have to sit in the car for the whole time. Oh, wait, ECL is right around the corner...never mind.
Here's Aedan showing us how tough he is:


And here's Ella showing me she learned how to skip. Wow. Just like that. She couldn't do that a week ago. She's also been singing songs in German and Spanish around the house. First tying shoes, then skipping, what's next? Driving? Algebra? Maybe.....CHORES!!! Hee hee



And here's what happens when you wake up too early and get frustrated that you can run fast because your shoe got wet:


After piano lessons, we walked over to the eis shop and ordered some ice cream. Yup, all in German since I started hosting German lessons in my house today. Every Thursday, 10:30-11:30. Kids are welcome. You're invited. A sweet sister in our ward is a native German and after I explained to her my duress about not being able to master the pronunciation of the German alphabet after taking German classes and finding it hard to leave Mason so I can take a German class, we worked out this great arrangement and now we have Micaela teaching us German once a week in the comforts of our own home. Those umlauts better watch out! I will be pronouncing you with perfection in no time!
Here are the kids on their first round of ice cream cones:

And here they are on their second rounds:

They all ordered erdbeer (strawberry) the second time. Sean, they are definitely your kids.

No comments: