Sunday, September 12, 2010

Fun Food

Mason is sick. Since Thursday, I could tell he wasn't feeling quite himself, as evidenced by the runs, the naps, the vomit (I"ll explain in a minute) and today, the cough. On Friday night as we drove home from Christy's, Mason started to cry. I think his puppy tail was impeding his ability to sit comfortably in his car seat. Once we were home, he was still crying, and the crying turned into coughing. I put him down on my ECL dining chair so I could get him something to drink. Then I heard it: the wet splashing sound of barf hitting something. Unfortunately, the 'something' was my dining room chair!
"NOOOO!!"
How do you clean puke from rustic wood with lots of cracks and grooves for the puke to get embedded in? Water + wood = RUINED FURNITURE so I couldn't just grab the Clorox and bleach my chair. I cleaned it as well as I could, oiled it, told it how sorry I was for what happened to it and how brave it was to withstand such abuse, and gave it the special title of the new official Time Out Chair. Now when the kids misbehave, they will have to sit in the puke chair, a minute for each year of their age.

On to other news....in my undying efforts to assure the title of Coolest Mom 2010, I ordered fun food plates for the kids to eat off of. I saw them on the blog of an amazing lady, Stephanie Nielson, who used these for her kids and showed how much fun they had making different faces on them with their food. So, I thought, "Let's have some fun with our food today!" and since the kids haven't been eating a lot lately, I thought these plates might help. Here are our food creations for the day. We started with some waffles and fruit for breakfast:



We usually eat a big lunch on Sundays right before leaving for Church, so Sacrament meeting doesn't turn into an all-you-can-eat buffet with the kids snacking the whole time. Today we had steak, rice, and veggies:


I even caught myself encouraging my kids to open up the snap peapods and use the peas for earrings, eye balls, or in Colton's case, boogers.

Dinner was spaghetti:

The best was dessert. We made ice cream sundaes on the plates:

I hear the kids talking loudly to each other, I mean, yelling at each other, so I am off. Christy and Dennis are coming over tonight to bring cough medicine and give a blessing. Aren't they the best? Don't you wish they were your best friends? Sorry: they are taken!!

No comments: