Sunday, September 12, 2010

Landstuhl Festival

Piano lessons were cancelled for Thursday afternoon and rescheduled for Saturday afternoon. No big deal, I thought, until I started driving closer to downtown Landstuhl and realized how crowded and busy it was. Then I saw that the street I needed to turn on, was blocked off. Shoot. So, I drove around and found a way to get to the piano teacher's studio. Then I drove over to my favorite store to see if there was parking there. European Country Living is right around the corner from the piano teacher's studio, convenient, isn't it? ECL didn't let me down, and had parking. So we ran inside to say "Hi", grab a balloon from the front counter (sometimes they have lollipops, sometimes candy, this time balloons), and then we left to check out the reason for all the traffic and road closures: the festival. It was at this point I realized Mason didn't have any shoes on, so I carried him around. How this is any different than if he DID have shoes, I don't know, I carry him everywhere, all the time. Anyways, we walked over to the festival and saw some booths with clothes, bags, shoes, and scarfs for sale. Ella wanted ALL of it. We found some food booths and the boys decided they needed a sugar crepe. Ella got a nutella and sugar crepe. I took a bite to ensure the quality of the crepe, and man, it was good!! Here's Ella while eating her crepe:



We found a little ferris wheel that looked like it was constructed pre world war II but we were feeling adventurous and brave, so I asked, in German, how much for a ride for all of us, and after handing over my 5 euros, Colton, Ella, Mason and I each said a silent prayer that this thing would hold us all and we would survive as we climbed inside the little booth and went for a whirl. Here are the kids as we went around on the ferris wheel:



Meanwhile, Jaxon was finishing his lesson, so we went back to retrieve him, and see if he was interested in any of the food we found at the festival. Since I saw they had bratwurst, I was pretty sure I knew what Jaxon's answer would be. Here he is with his rot bratwurst:

No comments: