Friday, September 10, 2010

Too Much Crap

Well, the past two days have been interesting. Potty training Mason while he has a cold and the runs has been, well, crappy. Literally. I have never had to deal with so much poop, up close and personal, as I have in the past two days. I even put a diaper on him at one point and said, "I can't handle any more poop. Wear a diaper...PLEASE!!!" But he took it off and pooped in his little potty. Yuck. The little potty has been helpful, but it doesn't flush. Serious design flaw. So, besides spending most of Thursday in the bathroom, we went to Colton's school and ate lunch with him. This lunch lady was SO MUCH better than the one he had last year at the elementary school who would get mad at the kids for making any noise while eating.
"You're supposed to be eating! NO talking! You're breathing too loudly! Stop!! I hear CHEWING!! Too noisy!!"
On Friday we ate lunch with Ella. She was so sweet and happy to see Mason and me. She said that was the best part of her school day. Aww, shucks....
Here she is at lunch:


After eating lunch with Ella, Mason and I went over to the thrift store. There we found a bunch of Halloween costumes on sale that would also be perfect for playing dress up. So we picked up a few before I heard the words that bring a shiver to my spine, "Mom, I gotta go to the bathroom!!"
"OH NO!!!"
But this time it was just pee, so we walked next door to the commissary and took care of business. I picked up some things I needed to make dinner with Christy for the Fisher House tonight. Mason insisted on pushing the shopping cart, at least through the produce section. Here he is giving it the ol' college try:

When Ella got home from school, she was SO EXCITED to see the new Halloween costumes and try them on, and of course Mason got into the mix and tried on everything too. Here they are with their frightfully fun new costumes:








So Ella and Mason came with me to Christy's house to pick up her part of the dinner. I thought they were just going to stay there while I dropped off the food, or come with me to drop it off, but the Turner's were going to the movies, and my kids decided to come along at the last minute. But, they were still in their costumes. No problem! I don't mind going with Bat Girl and a puppy to the movies. The best part was Aedan, Christy's son, had just bought a puppy costume too, so we had two puppies with us at the movies. I should have taken pictures of the other movie patrons' reactions when they saw Ella, Mason and Aedan walking around in their costumes. Priceless.
"No, it's not Halloween. Yes, we just have really cool kids who can pull this off, even in September."

No comments: