Sunday, July 25, 2010

I'm back!

My camera battery died, and I couldn't recharge it. I tried, but the battery wouldn't hold the charge. So, I couldn't download the cool pictures I took from our trip on Friday. We did some fun things Saturday, but I couldn't take pictures. SO, here we are, Sunday night, and I tried my camera again, and its working. Who knows, maybe it just needed a little rest and decided it was ok to work on the Sabbath. I got the pictures downloaded, so let's catch up, shall we?
On Friday we went to the Potzberg Wildpark. We had been there years ago, and it was there that Colton declared that his favorite animal was a vulture. While other preschoolers his age were thinking of bunnies and puppies, Colton had visited this wildpark and fallen head over heels for the vultures. We still tease him about that. Mason loves animals, so I thought we'd be in for a good time. I even convinced Jaxon to come along. We started off buying some 'wildfutter' (animal food). The kids each got a box and we started walking along a big LONG circular path with animals along the outside, behind fences. We saw goats and horses right away and felt like Old McDonald with "a neigh neigh here and an oink oink there".







We had to buy different food for the bunny and chicken pen. Mason didn't even try to hand feed it to the animals, he just took handfuls and threw it over the fence. Here he is tossing some food in there.

Here are my three favorite men out in the wild, enjoying nature.

More animal feeding:




Colton fed a moose, but he didn't give it a muffin. Cuz if you give a moose a muffin, he's gonna ask for some jam, and you know how the story goes!



And no outing would be complete without at least one temper tantrum. Today's was brought to us by Mason. He insisted I carry him the whole time, and was mad when I didn't stop long enough to see some cows.


Here he is running back to the cows.
Doesn't your neck just hurt looking at the rack on this guy? Sometimes pulling all my hair up gives me a headache, I can't imagine walking around with these guys coming out of my head!

The best part of the outing was going back to the playground and goat pen. The kids (my children I mean, not the baby goats) fed and pet the goats, and fell in love with the baby kids. Even I thought they were cute, and I am not an animal lover. The kids started picking up the animals and LOVED holding them. (Until one of the workers told them to stop. Oops. Sorry.)






For those of you who have been to the temple, I've got one word for you for this next picture: EVE!!


Mason probably had the best time at the park. He loved the slide:


And running away from the goats after he tagged them and they were 'it':

"Hey kids! Come here! Remember that bacon you ate for breakfast?..."


No trip is complete without either french fries, popsicles, or both. In this case, popsicles were readily available and well received.

No comments: