Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Three Nephites

I am convinced Colton is one of the three missing Nephites. He has been such an awesome, incredible helper the past few days, I think he may be one of those three good guys who kinda disappeared and we don't know what happened to them. Last night Ella was supposed to go to sleep. When I tuck Ella in, I know that is not the last time I will see her for the night. She reappears at least twice after the initial 'tucking in', to inquire about something or let me know a critical piece of information that she suddenly remembered and can't wait until morning, like "Mom, can we have waffles tomorrow?" or "Did you know Johanna has a pet dog?"
So, last night when she got out of bed, I initially didn't hear her. Colton was the first to intercept her. Molly was having a bad hair day and some of her hair was coming out. So, I walk into the kitchen to find Colton with the needle and thread, trying to sew Molly's hair back on. What a great kid!!


I took over the sewing job and let Colton get on with more important things, like freaking Ella out before she returned to bed by sticking a needle through the top layer of his finger. I wonder what weird person showed him that?!

No comments: