Thursday, July 29, 2010

New Alarm Clock

Since Sunday, I've had a new alarm clock. It wakes me up by 6 am every morning. It doesn't make much noise, just climbs into bed with me and curls up beside me. After a few wiggles, it settles down, but never falls back to sleep. After about 20 minutes, it asks for juicy. And blankie. Because it has usually left blankie back in his own bed. So, even though I am usually awake by 6, it had been nice these past few weeks to just stay in bed a little longer. No more. My alarm clock gets restless after a while and wants entertainment. So, its a good thing it is such a gosh darn cute alarm clock.
Today, even though I am sick and feel yucky, I took the kids (plus two friends) to the Monte Mare swimming pool. Remember the place that I liked so much a few weeks ago? Well, I should have known things weren't looking so good when the first thing I saw as we got into the pool area was a big long dark hair on the floor. Eww. Hair on your head: fine. Hair that has fallen out and is on the floor AND wet: disgusting. I knew I should have been packin' Clorox wipes in my bathing suit. The pool was super crowded today. With my luck, it probably was another German holiday and half of K-Town was at the pool. Perhaps it was German National Hair Day, since it seemed that everyone I saw had either too much of it on their chest or under their arms. Double Eww. Oh, and just FYI: Speedos should NOT be made in the size XL. Just sayin'. Ella, Mason, Colton and I spent much of the time going down the slides. But the cool black slide was super busy and there was a line for it. I can't wait in a line at a swimming pool because it gives me too much time to stop and look around at all the gross things I wouldn't notice otherwise. Like that wet used band aid that kept staying on the steps the whole time. Triple eww!! Jaxon and his friends had a blast, and Ella, Mason and Colton seemed to really enjoy everything too. After a while, Mason asked to go home. (THANK YOU MASON!) and I didn't even have to prompt him. We stayed a little longer cuz the bigger boys were having such a blast, but after 3 hours and 22 minutes, I was officially done. The kids came back here and watched a movie. We went to piano lessons and while Jaxon was in his lesson, Mason, Colton and I meandered into Landstuhl for some eis (ice cream). Colton got a fabulous one with fudge, vanilla and a big cookie in it. Mason stayed true to his vanilla flavor. After Mason had three bites and declared he was done, Colton, the selfless big brother that he is, stepped up to the plate and finished Mason's for him.



Then they squeezed in a quick game of chase before Jaxon was done.


Now here's the cool thing. Jaxon actually enjoyed his lesson. Since we moved here, Jaxon has been less than thrilled with the new teachers we have found up to this point. But today, he came into the car and said he had a great lesson. He told me that Mark asked him what bands he likes to listen to, and what songs he would like to play of theirs. Cool. I knew that all those rock n roll t shirts of Mark's and his long hair would ultimately prove that he was a cool teacher. So Jaxon is excited to play again: YEA! Here he is after his lesson, happy!! (Yeah, he's still in his bathing suit. He didn't want to change. Beats me. I can't figure out a 2 year old male mind, there ain't no way I'm gonna figure out a 12 year old's either).

No comments: