Friday, July 2, 2010

My new most unfavorite activity

So Angela, how did you spend your Friday morning? Baking yummy 4th of July desserts? Playing with the kinder? Ah, no. I have found my new most unfavorite activity (yes I know that's not a real word but you don't want to know what words I would rather be using right now): sewing scout badges and numbers onto Jaxon's scout shirt. Yesterday I got the big transatlantic badge on with relatively little difficulty. Well, I sewed it on totally crooked so I had to re-do it, but it wasn't too bad. Plus I got to freak Colton out by showing him how I could stick a needle through the top layer of my finger and it not hurt me. Bonus points. So this morning I thought I'd tackle the troop numbers. First number I sewed on was totally crooked. Then it took FOREVER to try to get all the numbers, (ok, there are only 3 numbers but it felt like 30) somewhat straight and on there. We are not moving until Jaxon is completely done with the Scouting program. He will be in this troop for the rest of his scouting career. I am not going to ever sew new numbers on a Scout shirt. I have a new punishment for the kids when they act out and misbehave: sewing scout badges onto shirts. No, no time out for you: get the needle and thread!!!! No, you can still have bedtime stories, just grab that badge and get over here!! Yesterday I cleaned out our garbage can. When I watched the garbage truck dump its contents into the big bin and saw brown liquid oozing out of the bottom of our can, I figured it was time to clean it. I would rather do that again than sew on more badges!! I asked Colton for his help cleaning the garbage can. It went something like this: "Hey Colton, can you grab the disinfecting wipes from the bathroom counter?" Colton: "Uh, you mean the ones that say KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN?" Mom: "Yeah, those are the ones. Grab them and the bleach." Colton "You mean the bleach that kids aren't supposed to touch?" Mom: "Yeah, grab that too." You get the idea. We cleaned it out and YUCK. So, clean the garbage can again? yes I will. Prison toilets? Bring them on. Anything but NO MORE SCOUT BADGES!!!

2 comments:

Nate, Jenny and Amelia said...

You just make me laugh. I am LOVING your posts, by the way!

Anonymous said...

Order something called 'Badge Magic'! Best invention ever! No more sewing