Thursday, July 22, 2010

Oh I love a rainy day!

Today we woke up to clouds and drizzling rain. I LOVE IT!! Sorry all you sun worshippers, I love rainy, overcast days. I feel more energized and happy. We started the day off by babysitting a friend's little girl so she could take her son to the doctor's. Her name is Maddy and she is a Q-T-pie. Ella had a good time being big sister to her and showing her all of our toys. We made chocolate chip muffins for breakfast and they were quite popular with Maddy. She downed four in the short time she was here. Mason tried to eat just the chocolate chips out of his, and Colton woke up towards the end of the babysitting stint, worried that all the muffins were being eaten by the munchkins.

So, what's the deal with Mason not wearing a shirt? The past few nights he has refused to wear a jammie shirt. It has been so hot that I really haven't minded. It is kinda funny that he doesn't want to wear one at all, since in recent mornings we have been staying in jammies for quite a while, so he is kinda like a reverse Winnie the Pooh: bottoms but no top (ever notice how Pooh wears only a top, and no bottoms?) Ella stayed in her jammies today until after 3pm. Isn't that great? Doesn't that just scream "Summer vacation!"? (We did brush her teeth though in the morning. Morning breath is not something we take lightly around here.)
The kids played in the rain puddles before loading up to take the boys to piano lessons.

We grilled burgers for lunch, and since the Golden Arches is right around the corner from piano lessons, I felt the need to support the local German economy by buying a few happy meals to ensure my kids had a happy evening. I wanted to guarantee that we didn't have a repeat of last night's scripture yelling: me yelling the scripture verses so the kids could hear me over Mason's screaming, so tonight I made oreo milkshakes for dessert. I was able to read all about Alma baptizing in the waters of Mormon while they loaded up on sugar.

No comments: